Training in traditional & new media skills - supported by CliftonStrengths
Senior business leaders know they must develop their media profile to build their personal and corporate brand, attract and retain talent, and build consumer and shareholder trust. But in an always-on, probably-live, media-everywhere environment they must be just as adept dealing with bloggers and social media activists as with traditional print and broadcast journalists.
• Greater confidence in media interviews
• Greater interest from journalists
• Greater ability to deal with difficult or irrelevant questions
• Be quoted more often
• Lower risk of being quoted out of context
You will learn:
• The pressures of a modern newsroom and how journalists work in a 24/7 news environment
• The differing needs of various media types, including social media
• Why journalists want to talk to you
• What journalists expect from you
• How to formulate and deliver key messages with clarity
• How to respond to unexpected questions or issues
• Story telling
• Agile Communications techniques
• Projecting the right image and body language (for TV)
You will have the opportunity to practice:
• Text-based interviews for print and online, and
• Broadcast interviews for TV, webcasts, radio, podcasts and social video
WHAT SETS OUR COURSE APART
Our workshops and MasterClasses are:
• CUSTOMISED – Mark is a Gallup-certified CliftonStrengths coach. We invite each Participant to take the online assessment ahead of the workshop. This will allow us to tailor our workshops to each Participant individually.
• INTERACTIVE – Each participant is invited to contribute actively. All learnings are immediately practiced.
• PRACTICAL – We operate our own training facilities in the Central Business Districts of Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. These incorporate a board room for groups of up to 20 Participants, and green screen TV studios where our on-camera practise usually takes place.
Whether at our studio or a venue you arrange, Participants will be video recorded to review their performances. We have in-house crew and equipment to do this. You save, because we don’t have to outsource this.
• FLEXIBLE – Owing to the seniority of our clients, we offer as much flexibility as we can, such as in the content, duration, timing and number of participants.
• MATURE YET UP-TO-DATE CURRICULUM – Our curriculum is founded on Mark Laudi's award-winning experience in presenting on television, and at business events and conferences. But he has conducted presentation skills courses for more than 13 years, so our course materials are solid and refined, while continuing to develop to stay up-to-date and relevant.
While you’re here, record a video blog or interview you can publish to your own LinkedIn feed or YouTube channel.
Click “Chat Now” below and select “Media training/executive presence”